How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Transfer of a property during divorce

Customer Question

transfer of a property during divorce
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want transfer my property to a deed trust during my divorce can you please advice ?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please could you expand more on the situation so that I can fully assist you:-Who are you transferring the property to?-For what reason?-Has a divorce taken place?-Has a financial settlement been reached?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the question was if i can transfer my property to deed trust
the divorce has not yet taking place and no,the financial settlement has been reach
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I own two properties, one my wife applied for section 34(2)(a) of the land registrar act 2002. can i still put this property in deed trust?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
I do not think that this is possible. Are you attempting to do this so that your wife can not make a claim towards the property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My sister leant me money to repair my second property.
She has not contributed to neither of the properties in buying and also the maintenance of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can my sister put the property unto the deed trust since I owe money for the repairs ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
No, your sister will not be able to do this. However, if you owe her money then she can apply to put a charge on the property for the money that she is owed.If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.