How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34903
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Having left my property to my two children in my will; will

This answer was rated:

Having left my property to my two children in my will; will my son who is still living with me be able to do so after coming to an amicable arrangement with my daughter after my death. I am a widower aged almost 90 and have no debts.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion firstWill your son be able to raise enough money to buy his sister out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, with my legacy
Have you put a clause in your Will allowing for him to have first refusal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are your children on good terms
Do you realise that the site charges more for a phone call?
Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My children are on good terms
If the children are on good terms then there is no reason to worry - they will no doubt arrange matters between them so that your son can buy his sister out and remain in the property.If there are any worries (and new partners can sometimes come between siblings) then a simple clause saying that your son has six months to buy his sister out will solve the problem.Please ask if you need further detailsClare