How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I would appreciate some advice. 20 years I have

This answer was rated:

Hello I would appreciate some advice. For over 20 years I have owned a small chalet on a holiday park home for some residents there perament home. Last year it was bought by a large holiday park company. As they increased the rent by £1000 I decided not to renew my contract this year. The site manager told me that although he may not be interested in my chalet he was very interest in the pitch which is the best in the park. At that stage he mentioned£1500 I had said £3000. The lease was up on the April1st. Prior to this date I phoned him but he never returned my calls, eventually I got his mobile number and he offered £500 but again never rang me back last week I spoke to him and said would not accept less than £750 which I guess was a mistake our next conversation I said needed £1000 once again he has to ask his manager ( which I am sure he is able to say yes or no ) which to me is delaying tactics. I would like£1500 as first agreed, however I would like to know what my position is regarding owenership I own the chalet but have not paid any rent the pitch can you advise Eileen hedley
Hello Eileen my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know whether anything was in writing?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No Alex nothing was in writing
Had you instructed Solicitors or anything in relation to the sale please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex I have not instructed a Solicitor in relation to the sale, because the amount involved does'nt seem worth the expense. I guess what I really want to know how is, what is the position regarding me owning the chalet, but not renewing the annual fee. Does the Site Manager have the right, to remove it from the site, sell or let it out without informing me.
With the original owners I used to sign an yearly pitch rental agreement, however the current owners have just written a letter stating their site fees and methods of payments for the year.
Hope this information is helpful
Eileen Hedley
Its bad news I am afraid Eileen. When you sell something such at this then usually its subject to contract. That means unless anything is signed, either party can pull out at any time.You could potentially sue for breach of contract once the sale goes through.You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alex out of interest, the pitch agreement I had with the original owners which ended on the 31March would the current owners have to keep to this agreement. They took over the site in June 2015.
If the chalet is not sold, but rented out as holiday lets what would be my position?.
Thank-you, for this information I guess my best bet is to preserve with my phone calls see if it results in any payment.
Yes they have to honour any outstanding agreement, if not then its breach of contract.Does that clarify?ALex
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you