How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

As I have free trial till midnight today I would ask the

Customer Question

As I have free trial till midnight today I would ask the same Q from different angle : Is it required by law to register additional people with relevant authorities (council, HMRC) if they moved im my property and were residing at my address for over 2 years , Would it be against the law or child welfare if my female friend and her son (8y)moves into my small two bed flat which I am occupying with my 2 daughters (5&8y) and I sleep in the same room as my girls and my friend sleep in the same with her son ? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionThere is only a requirement to notify the Council if you are claiming the single person Council tax relief.There is only a requirement to notify HMRC if you are charging rent rather than simply sharing all the bills.It is not against the law for a parent to share a room with his or her children.There may be child welfare concerns in the face of such overcrowding but given that the temporary accommodation used by Local Authorities allows for a whole family to reside in a single room the conditions would have to be very bad for Children Services to take actionClare