How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I own a flat in a block in central London. It is a second property

This answer was rated:

I own a flat in a block in central London. It is a second property and has not been fully occupied for some time. I was in the process of selling it and the potential buyer had a Home Buyers Report commissioned. It highlighted that there was a drain directly above the bedroom ceiling and it had been blocked causing water damage to the ceiling. The buyer pulled out. I now have a second buyer who has offered me £35,000 less than the first one.
I have written to the managing agent saying that effectively due to their negligence in not maintaining the building they have cost me £35,000. I pay £3,200 p.a. in management fees so I feel they haven't done their job properly.
Your Thoughts please
David Menzies
Hello David my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know why they wont repair it?Alex
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They are going to repair it.
Whats your number and I will give you a call?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
07584 121051
Calling now. Alex