How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Dear Clare. I recently asked a question about unjustified

This answer was rated:

Dear Clare. I recently asked a question about unjustified enrichment after my brother volunteered to sell his half of our mother's house to me which we had inherited equally. I did the property up spending about £25,000 and I kept the receipts. My brother presumably changed his mind about the agreed price when he realised that my efforts had improved the house and the value had increased. Effectively I loaned the estate about £25,000 but my brother thinks the estate only has to pay me back half that sum. £30,000 remains in the client account of the solicitor who carried out the probate until this matter is resolved. Are you willing to act for me? Thank you. John Silvester.
Hi JohnUnfortunately we are not allowed to have any contact outside of this forum - but I will certainly give you all the assistance that you need.Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Clare but I am getting nowhere on my own, time to employ an expert. Thank you for the offer, though. John.
I understand.However the starting point is the formal letter setting out your case which you are well able to do!
Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you