How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Purchase property with existing tenant who was issued with

Customer Question

purchase property with existing tenant who was issued with section 21 notice period has already ended do I have to start all over and issue another section 21 or can I go for possession order
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Just to be clear the tenant has no tenancy agreement with you?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not made any agreement I have not accepted any rent I have informed them that they should contact council for alternative housing they said they have but council do not have available accommodation to meet needs of their disable child
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. In that case you just need to serve a notice to quit giving 14 days to get out and thats it.If the tenant refuses you can just seek an Order for possession from the Court. But you dont need to serve another S.21 notice - there is no agreement with you.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: