How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7046
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

I am doing some renovations in my own flat. The flat is a

Customer Question

I am doing some renovations in my own flat. The flat is a first floor flat in a purpose built block, which was build in circa 1969. I want to replace all the doors so my question is do I need fire doors or can I use hollow non-fire doors. My main front door is a solid fire door anyway.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In addition, I have removed my lounge and kitchen doors which both lead to the hallway. I did this to create more space. Please advise on this also.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.
You need to replace like with like. So if a door is not currently a fire door then you can replace it with a normal door.You should check the lease just to be sure and also. see what it says about alterations , removing doors is not a structural alteration but , personally , I would keep them so I can pop them back on if required.I hope this helpsIf there are any further points please reply and I will be happy to respond.Best wishesMichael