How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

As we had to sell our flat, we loaned our furniture to the

This answer was rated:

As we had to sell our flat, we loaned our furniture to the person who was the tenant so he could use it in another flat and so we did not have to put it into store. It was agreed he would keep it for two years. After 8 months he got a job in Azerbijan and said he no longer needed the furniture. We had nowhere to put it, and as he had changed the agreement, he said he would pay for it in storage. In January I explained we now had a flat in the UK and so we could take repossession of the furniture, he agreed and said he would send details of where it was in store. In March just before we returned to the UK he suddenly said we cannot have the furniture. He said his wife had put some of their things in with ours and didn't want us to touch anything?? He now wont tell us where the furniture is and that unless we pay him £2000 he says he has spent, he will give it to charity. I have no contract. All was done by e-mail. I do not have the initial e-mails but do have them from January. What can we do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know whether he is still currently based in the UK?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is still in Azerbijan but has a house in the North of England.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe he is self employed and his company is registered in the UK.
What you can do is get an Order from the Court that he discloses the details. You would need to complete form N244: Court would list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make him give the information. If the Court does and he refuses this is contempt of Court and he could be warned, fined or sent to prison.However the problem you may have is serving the application upon him. You cant just serve at his house because the Court wont want to make an Order without knowing he has been served. Therefore you may need to get his address in Azerbijan.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the e-mail address you have given? It does not do anything?
Its not an email address. Its a web link to download the application form for Court.Try here:
Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that worked.
Great. Alex