How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have let out the property without landlord's

Customer Question

I have let out the property without landlord's permission, now, the tenant did not pay the rent, she moved in 2 Feb 2016 and pay 2 weeks of rent, its about 13 weeks of non payment, now I would like to evict her, however, the landlord did not want to involve in, I have no paper contract with Landlord. Could you please let me know what should I do now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

You need to write and ask the tenant to leave. If the tenant does not then you need to seek an order for possession.

You need to complete form N5:

The court will set the matter down for a hearing and decide whether to give possession. If the Court does and this sub tenant refuses to leave they can be evicted with bailiffs.

But they can ONLY be evicted with a Court order.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?