How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

I have tenants who rent the shop at the front of my premises

This answer was rated:

I have tenants who rent the shop at the front of my premises whilst I occupy the rear spaces. They have a 3 year lease with app. 18 months to run wherein at termination I wish to occupy the entire space. They have signed the statutory notice excluding sect 24-28 of Landlord/tenants act 1954.
I would like to know how much notice I need to give of tenancy termination.
Barry Hodson

Hi Barry

Thanks for your email.

I can help you with your query.

On the facts that you granted a fixed term 3 year excluded from the 54 Act you do not have to give notice. The tenant has to vacate on or before the expiry date.

I hope that helps.

Please accept/rate my reply.

Kind regards


propertylawyer and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. So just to clarfy: no legal documents need to be issued?

Hi Barry

Nothing for you to do and no notices to serve.

All the best


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks.

No worries. Glad to help. If you have any additional questions please feel free to PM me.