How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A neighbour has built a new boundary wall on my property and

This answer was rated:

A neighbour has built a new boundary wall on my property and cut down three trees in my garden . What can I do ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

On what basis did they do this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are building an extension and took out the hedge and trees while I was on holiday . They admit the trees were on my property but said as they had to cut some of the roots they took the trees down as they were unstable . They have replaced the hedge and trees with a 25 m by 2m concrete block retaining wall that is 3 blocks thick .

Ok. Then they would have needed your permission and I'm any event it may be that a party wall notice would be required.

You can seek a court order requiring them to stop works, put it back or comply with the party wall act. You would need to complete form n1

And n16a

The court will set the matter down for a hearing and decide whether to make the order. If the court does make an order and they breach it, this could be contempt of court which they could be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you