How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a boundary issue with my next door neighbour which

This answer was rated:

I have a boundary issue with my next door neighbour which has been ongoing for a year after I moved a section of fence to where I believed the correct boundary was (the fence had been moved across onto my property in 2007). A surveyor was employed and he confirmed the section of fence I moved was in the correct place and the remainder was in fact to far onto my property. I informed my neighbour of my intention to move the rest of the fence which resulted in him getting his solicitor to claim I was the one trespassing which I disputed and pointed out the surveyors report. I had no further communication from them since last September so I wrote to inform my neighbour of my intention to move the fence which he has now stated I have no authority. my question is are there any legal reasons why I cannot move the remainder of the fence as I believe they are waiting until they can claim adverse possession of the land.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear you have a surveyor report, have you shown this to your neighbour please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
The surveyor was employed by both of us (sharing his fee) and we both had a copy of the report but it seems he now does not want to accept this

OK - then yes you can move it. You have a surveyor report in relation to it.

The neighbour would need an injunction to stop you - you have a report, this shows you own it

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would he have to go to court to prevent it? (i.e. get an injunction)

Yes that is correct.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Alex

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you