How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

We are between exchange and completion on a new build

This answer was rated:

We are between exchange and completion on a new build property. We have been told by the builder on site that there is a soakaway in our back garden which services other properties in addition to our own.
Although we are still quadruple checking this, it seems that there is no mention of this in our transfer deeds/contract and there was no mention of this in the plans which we signed against at reservation.
Are the developers allowed to do this? We will probably relocate the soakaway as it isn't in a very practical place. Can we disconnect the other properties without a lot of aggrevation?


This should be covered in the title documents. Unfortunately, it is not as easy as just relocating he soakaway. Have you checked the deeds of the neighbouring properties to check whether there is rights reserved in their documents? If not, I would suggest that you do this.

You would need to obtain the neighbours' consent if they have rights reserved.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

chatham-chamber and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.


If you have any further questions, please post them in this thread and I would be happy to answer them.

Kind regards,