How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

I have a restricted covenant on my house which prevents the

Customer Question

Hi there - I have a restricted covenant on my house which prevents the enclosure of the front of the drive / garden. I have planted a low level beech hedge along the boundary with my neighbour - who says that I have breached the covenant and is demanding the hedge is removed. I have approached the original developer who imposed the restricted covenant to ask for permission - is there anything else I could / should do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.


In brief, only the person with the benefit can enforce the covenant on you.

What is your neighbour's connection with this? Is the land 'shared'.

Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you still need help.

Have you heard from the developer?