How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 11865
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

A new developement is being built next to our property. On

This answer was rated:

A new developement is being built next to our property. On their plans, they are intending to erect a 1.8mtr panelling fence around the site.
The joint boundary belongs to us, and we wish to keep the existing fencing and planting on the boundary.
Would they then have to erect their fencing on their land inside ours, or do they have the right to remove our existing boundary goods to be able to erect their fence ?


They are entitled to erect a fence on their side of the boundary and provided it does not extend over your property, can cover the length of the boundary without your consent.

They would need to obtain permission if erecting a f3nce on the boundary line.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

chatham-chamber and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you