How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3858
Experience:  Two years conveyancing experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

We are selling a basement. It will need to be developed as

This answer was rated:

We are selling a basement. It will need to be developed as at the moment it is empty space only. We have full planning permission.
There is a house next door, flat above and another property within 3 metres on the other side.
I do not know who we will sell it too. People are looking at it now
I know that when you have a development then 3rd party wall agreements are needed.
Do I need this in place before selling or is it the responsibility of the buyer?
Thank you Kevin..................

Hi Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. You do not need to sell the property with 3rd party wall agreements in place. This can be done by whoever arranges to do the works. If you are not doing the work your self you will not actually know what will need to go in the agreement or what you are obtaining consent for, so this agreement should be made up once the prospective decides what work they will actually need to do. Kind regards AJ

Alex J. and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you