How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10736
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I own a freehold flat and would like to add my son and

This answer was rated:

I own a freehold flat and would like to add my son and daughter as co-owners. How can this be done?

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. As regards ***** ***** ownership, do you own a share in the Management Company who owns the Freehold or is the Freehold owned in your personal name with someone else? Do you have a Mortgage over the Flat? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a share in the management company owning the freehold and I am one of 6 flat ownerss. There is no mortgage.

Hi, thanks for your reply. You will need to instruct a local Conveyancing Solicitor to prepare a Land Registry Transfer document, transferring the Flat Lease interest into your 3 names. Once signed the Transfer is then registered at the Land Registry. Your Solicitor will also need to check the terms of your Lease to see what is required for your children to become members of the Management Company. This would normally involve him serving Notice on the Management Company's Secretary and he will issue a new share certificate (if the Company is limited by shares) or if the Company is limited by Guarantee, your 2 children will automatically become members. Your Solicitor is likely to charge you approx. £400 plus VAT for dealing with this work and the Land Registry fee will be between £20-£80 depending on the value of the Flat. I hope this assists, and if so, please would you be kind enough to rate my answer. If you require any further clarification, please let me know. Kind Regards Al

Hi, can I assist you any further? Kind Regards Al

Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you