My lodger pawned my TV whilst I was away. How can I get

My lodger pawned my TV whilst I was away. How can I get compensated for this.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is the lodger still living with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, not necessary for live discussion. If I picked that option it was in error.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope, thats clear.
Please confirm that I have not been charged any more for this question, this was 'advertised' as a free question based on the payment for the Q, I asked you about the 'removal of a stubborn tenant'
Thanks and regards

One question. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex