How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

I agreed to be a guarantor for 12 month only the people who

This answer was rated:

I agreed to be a guarantor for 12 month only
the people who moved gave letter stating that they would remove name after 12 month
would this be legal document or not

Who are/were you guaranteeing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12 month house tenancy rental
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agreed to be guarantor for 12 month lease only for a house for 2 peoplethey gave me a letter in which they signed and my name would be removed as a guarantor
would this be a legal document or not

Your guarantee will last the duration of the agreement. A letter from the tenant will not be sufficient. Only the landlord can release the guarantor as you are a party to the tenancy for the benefit of the landlord. A letter from the tenant will not release you from your liability. If you are to be released early any document recording this will need to be entered into and signed by all parties of the tenancy agreement.

Does this clarify the position? Any queries in respect of my answer?

Please can I ask you to accept /positive rate my reply so that I receive payment for answering your question. Thanks.

propertylawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you