How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 71133
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I have rented out my house using a standard Assured

This answer was rated:

I have rented out my house using a standard Assured Shorthold 12 month Tenancy agreement. The rental commenced 5 months ago and the tenant has been in contact with a Housing Options Officer of the local council and that I do not have a gas certificate or an EPC certificate and have not protected their deposit. Are all these a legal requirement and if I put these in place immediately then could the tenant argue that the contract is invalid and can therefore terminate it without notice ? If he does want to terminate would he have to apply to the court to have the contract put aside ?

Do you want him to stay?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want him to complete his 12 month term

Are you prepared to run the risk of being sued for three times the size of the deposit?

Remus2004 and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.