How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 35085
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife is a Syrian national. She has to apply for visa to

This answer was rated:

My wife is a Syrian national. She has to apply for visa to enter the United Kingdom. I and our two daughters are British national. We live in Saudi Arabia, where me and my wife work as university teachers.
My wife is interested in property investment. However, we dont know whether she can own a property in UK?
My wife is hesitant to buy a propert as she cannot guarantee getting a visa to enter United Kingdom.
What will you advice?

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Does your wife wish to come her permanently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean in the future, or in the mean time?
She does not mind to come and live here if I got a job here in UK. So may be 2 or 3 years or maybe more.
I assume she can claim a 10 years multi-visit visa because I and our two doughters are British nationals.

Why are you concerned that she will not get a visa if she purchases a property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are living in Saudi Arabia, she got the vis after the THIRD application. The Home Office is extremely strict with Syrian nationals. Therfore, my wife is concerned how to mangae the property without bieng able to enter UK. More importantly, how to register a property under her name without bieng able to entre UK. She is concerned that she will loose her money if she never gets a visa.

Your Wife is able to own property in the Uk without any restrictions - it will be Registered in her name without problem.

If she does experience problems coming to the Uk then she can instruct agents to deal with the property management.

I am not sure of this deals with all your concerns - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you