How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10774
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My wife is in a nursing home which i am paying from my

This answer was rated:

my wife is in a nursing home which i am paying from my capital.Once i reach the threshhold of £23000. What happens to our house which is owned as tenants in common
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.


Provided you are living in the property, the Council have to disregard the property and your Wife's share therefore does not come into the equation when calculating how much capital she has.

I hope this clarifies the position for you.

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happens if my wife dies and i live a few more years .DO the fees then come out of the sale of the house when i die?

Hi, if your wife becomes state funded in the future, and then dies, and the house is sold, the Council can't claim any monies from the Sale as reimbursement towards Nursing home fees. This is because the house is totally disregarded during her lifetime (provided you are are living there).

Your Wife's half share in the property only forma part of her capital when assessing Nursing home fees entitlement IF it is sold during her lifetime, and in such circumstances, the half value is "added to her capital".

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my home phone number is ***** and my mobile is 07593
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mobile 07593 437777
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have to go out now.please ring me on my mobile.07593 437777