How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am looking to get an anti-harassment injunction against a

This answer was rated:

I am looking to get an anti-harassment injunction against a residential property that is on the boundary wall of the work units I work from. He has cctv 24/7 pressed against his window, balls and shouts at the unit holders, is harassing us, intimidating us and generally being a nuisance. Do I have enough with signed statements to get an injunction against him? He is also taking photographs of a 4yr old boy when he is on the work site and a 13yr old girl.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Are his actions harassment, stalking and a breach of our Human Rights? He even has video footage of us walking to and from the toilet block

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you reported this to the Police at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have an open Police case against this person. He has systematically harassed unit holders. My landlord's file against him includes his throwing human excrement across the yard, his wife standing topless at the window (which looks directly in the yard). He uses foul language towards the unit holders.

Ok then you should continue to report incidents to the Police.

But you can get an injunction yourself by completing forms N1:

And N16a:

The court will list the matter down for a hearing and decide whether to grant an injunction. If the Court does and he breaches it, this could be contempt of Court and he may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

But you should make sure you document all incidents.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He systematically reports one of the units to the Council and fire service, saying he can smell gas, he can hear the launderette. The unit holder has passed every single inspection without exception. But he continues to report the unit, of which the Council and Fire service have had enough of him, as he is wasting their time. He takes photographs of vehicles that come on site outside of our planning department restrictions, but is failing to tell the Council the vehicles are using the unit that has 24/7 access and is not subject to the same planning restriction the other units are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Completing N1 and N16a, do I have to notify him, or can I just apply to the court? Also, do you have any idea what this will cost me?

Yes he will need to be served a copy

You can get one ex-parte but then he would need to be served as there will be a return hearing.

The initial fee to issue the matter is £280

Does that clarify? Alex

Ash and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lovely, thank you for your help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One quick thing, you say the initial matter is £280, what other court fees would I then have for just for N1 and N16A

You would have a hearing fee if it came to a contested trial.