How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

I am having problems with my landlord he says my contract

This answer was rated:

Hello I am having problems with my landlord he says my contract finish January so I cannot leave and if I do I still have to pay
But reading my contract it says that after 6 months he can terminate my tenency can't I do the same.?
Or is only landlords

It may only be a landlord break option. I can review the tenancy agreement as an additional service and advise. If you agree I will send you an offer via this website and once you accept you can send me the tenancy agreement via the paperclip icon.

Ihave just noticed in my questions list that you have asked the question 3 times and I have responded to all three. Please accept the answer given here and just send me the tenancy agreement to the question I answered yesterday. There will then be no additional charge. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I send you the contract here?

You can. Please accept the answer and I will review.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is here please check and I do I pay you you charge on the card right? Beware that I reported the pests over 2 months ago
Many thanks

Thanks. Just accept the answer as you did before.

propertylawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello just checking if I accept the answer?

Hi. Many thanks for accepting.

I have read the tenancy agreement. Unfortunately you cannot terminate the agreement early. The clause only allows the landlord to terminate early.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but it also stats something about after two months and the landlord did not take a action I can terminate the contract and from the pest is over 2 months also carpet and other things that were supposed to be fixed but he never did! Can I use that or is better to call the council to check the pests and stuff

I assume you ate referring to clause 7.2.3?

This only applies to circumstances where the property has been damaged or destroyed by an insured risk and the landlord has failed to reinstate.

It is not relevant here, unfortunately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I call the council like you suggested in the first answer?

Yes. Get the council/environmental health to inspect. Hopefully they will state that there are issues. You can you this for a reason to terminate early. If serious, the council will take action. It is you best chance of terminating early without financial penalty. There is no guarantee that this will work but is your only option. Unless you vacate but you potentially could lose the deposit and be liable for rent until the premises are re-let.