How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7072
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

I would like to extend my bathroom by taking space off a

This answer was rated:

Hi I would like to extend my bathroom by taking space off a bedroom. The bedroom is however already small and I would like to know if there is a minimum size a bedroom can be before a house is considered a 3 bed rather than a 4 bed, for example must the shortest wall be at least 6'3" which is a single bed measurement. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, is anyone able to answer this question please?

To be a bedroom you need to get a single bed in there otherwise it would be considered a walk in wardrobe.

Best regards


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK great so the room doesn't have to be a certain square footage then?

No, but it must function as a bedroom . A single bed and room for someone to stand , change , get into bed etc.


Michael Holly and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you