How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1386
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I am having dispute over a house which is joint with my

Customer Question

HI my name is ***** ***** am having dispute over a house which is joint with my brother bouth names are ***** ***** registry and on loan title I want my share but he is not given it to me all so he is living there himself I don't live there since we brought the house so I want to know can I get my share or rent from him thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.

Hello Abdul

Welcome to Just Answer

I can help in respect of the legal position in respect of the equity in the property and getting your share. This is dealt with under the Trust of Land Act which comes within my remit as a family lawyer.

I cannot assist in respect of the law in relation to rent as this is not within my remit.

In respect of the property can I ask:

- when was in purchased?

- are you joint tenants or tenants in common?

- is there any trust deed?

- how much equity is in the property?

- is your brother living in the property alone or with family? children?

- what was the purpose of the property purchase?

kind regards