How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Is it possible to trace a court order for child maintenance

This answer was rated:

Is it possible to trace a court order for child maintenance in 1948. The person who made he order died in 2013. This is to assist me with my family tree. Thank you.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

It is bad news I am afraid - unless one of the parties kept a copy of the Order you will not be able to find any trace of it - and even if the court file had been kept (unlikely)

you would not be permitted access to it as you are not a party to the matter

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you