How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

I had paid a deposit on a room to rent from a live in

This answer was rated:

I had paid a deposit on a room to rent from a live in landlord on 29th August. Revisiting the room , I found that the space was too small and therefore backed out and have since found myself another flat. The landlord has consistently refused to give back my deposit even though I never moved into that property. Is there anyway I can get him to repay the money asap via a court order.

Had you signed an agreement with the landlord?

propertylawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he had forwarded an agreement setting out the terms but I had not signed this document
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you call
Me asap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not signed any agreement . Is there any way I can legally get him to make the repayment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , can we continue the online advice