How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 12092
Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a buy to let property, and the back wall is starting

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have a buy to let property, and the back wall is starting to need attention. When buying the property they indicated on the paperwork that it belongs to me, however looking at it I note that the house at the rear of the property has this wall going down its entire length of it garden(spanning three back gardens).
My question is how do I find out for definite that it is my wall or not?
I would be very grateful for your advice on this matter.
Kind regards *****

Ask the solicitor you used to double check the title to see if the wall is owned in common or if it is situated entirely on your land. It could be either but your title should specify which. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased The property about 5 years ago and so the solicitor will have put the papers into storage and therefore quite expensive to get them out now. Is there another solution please?