How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6457
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We have issued the old section 8 notice in July and have a

Customer Question

We have issued the old section 8 notice in July and have a court date in October for possession but have only just realised that there is a new form is it worth going to court still ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Sadly you do need the new form. But if you have already issued proceedings I would try your luck and go anyway.

But there is a new prescribed form which needs to be used.

But if the matter already has a Court date and I would just go. The Judge may allow (if it is found to be defective) that the proceedings are adjourned pending a new notice.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trouble is finding a solicitor that will go to court with me - any ideas ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You dont need one, you can do this yourself.

Or you can get a public access Barrister to go with you.

That may assist you.

You can find some here:

Does that clarify?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.