How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6768
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I recently arranged to have a the fencing renewed in my

This answer was rated:

Hi, I recently arranged to have a the fencing renewed in my front garden. I left the original fence up and placed the new fence without my own garden. My next door neighbour has now removed the old fence which was on the boundary line and has start to fit plant surrport wires and bolt etc onto my fence which is within my own garden. Can you tell me the best course of action.
***** *****

Hello Brian my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stop him damaging my new fence

Ok - you should report it to the Police. They can consider this for criminal damage if things are being attached, screwed or affixed to your fence. The Police may try and say it is a civil matter, but it is not, it is criminal damage.

If that does not work then get a local Solicitor to write and ask him to stop and re-instate the old fence. Unless your deeds stated otherwise then it is a joint fence and needs to be reinstated.

If that does not work you could get a Court order making him reinstate the fence.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you