How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10401
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

Please am a tenant I would like to quit my present place,

Customer Question

Please am a tenant I would like to quit my present place, the landlord has agreed for me to leave but That I put it in writing, how do I write the quit notice pease?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

It just needs to be an ordinary letter in writing. Not an email. Make sure that you sign and date it

Refer to the tenancy agreement, tell him that you are giving notice, tell him the day you will vacate by and tell him that you have agreed with him that you will not be responsible for any rent after the date you move out as he has agreed. Send 2 copies, and Ask him to acknowledge the notice by signing one and giving it back to you.

Can I clarify anything arising from this?

I am happy to answer specific questions arising from this?

Please rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.