How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6754
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have moved into a brand new house 12 months ago only to

This answer was rated:

I have moved into a brand new house 12 months ago only to find the house is opposite the site office which has turned into a nightmare - I have asked Morris Homes for a risk assessment of my property to say it was safe for to me to live here - I have been ignored on at least 4 occasions for this request is there anything I can do about it?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want them to admit they did not risk assess building my property or people residing in it. I want them to move the site office away from in front of my building. I have had my car damaged, my husband has been abused by workmen just trying to reverse on his own drive, we have constant dirt and noise - we cannot open our window, we have had our drive obstructed so we cannot even get off it - we have workmen starting at 6.30 am 6 days a week - the rest of the site (whom I have just paid the same service charge as do not get any disturbance until 8.00 am).

have you complained to the council at all yet please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just directly to Morris Homes - didn't realise I could complain to council as it isn't the council or any of its services causing me issues it is the builder of the site we live on? I did think about HSE.

I would complain to the Council as they may be in breach of planning conditions or noise.

The Council can install noise monitoring equipment to see when it is from and how loud.

If it is above permitted levels then the Council can serve notice that they stop/reduce it.

But I would do that - this is a free option and wont cost you anything.

You can also go to the HSE but they may not be able to act as quick as the Council
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to check would you say it is the council's issue with regards ***** ***** machinery/trucks parking on the front and obstructing drives?

Correct - obstructing public highway/paths. And the noise issue

Does that clarify?

Correct - obstructing public highway/paths. And the noise issue

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has given me one option for part of my complaint - so at least I can start on that part!