How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I own the piece of road in front of my property it's on my

Customer Question

I own the piece of road in front of my property it's on my deeds. It's basically my spare parking space. I've put a sign asking no one to park there as it's a private space, am I within my legal rights to do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can put up a sign. Are you experiencing problems with your land and people parking in the space?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The piece of land I own is part of the road in the cul de sac directly in front of my home . Most keep clear as to not Block my driveway but my neighbor has taken to parking where I have put up my no parking sign . I just wanted to check I have the right to ask them to move
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you own the land then the neighbour is committing trespass by parking on it.

You can put up a sign to inform the car owner that it is your property and not to park.

Do you have a copy of the title deeds? I can check them for you if you wish to confirm the position further.