How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7049
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

We live in the end of a row of three terraced cottages that

Customer Question

We live in the end of a row of three terraced cottages that share a rear courtyard.Behind the houses is a block of out buildings which are used to store solid fuels,freezers,bikes etc.Between the houses and out buildings are two alleyways for access to car parking and for deliveries-also communal.We have placed a CCTV camera on our property,facing away from any other property down one of these alleyways to cover our out buildings after a recent attempted break in.Our neighbour,with whom we have had several disputes,without speaking to us has objected to this with the police apparently on the grounds of invasion of privacy.Please could you tell me our legal position.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
prepared to wait another day or two if needs be.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

There is no such thing as a right to privacy in the UK. This is possibly because we live on a small crowded island but, whatever the reason , the police cannot do anything and neither can he.

Best wishes