How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34911
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

What are the documents necessary in preparation of

Customer Question

what are the documents necessary in preparation of conveyance and who pays the costs? i had ask the same in my last approach and paid £28.00
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Are you purchasing or selling the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am selling
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you aware that the site charges more for a phone call?

If you are selling then your costs will cover the preparation of the Contract and the various forms that support it -

Fittings and contents form

Property information form

Copies of documents referenced in the property information form

Energy Performance Certificate

and possibly

Leasehold / shared freehold documents

Management Information Pack

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is not the details i expected. i am informed that there is a completion statement etc. i am also told tha the cost is be be shared equally between botb sides. is this correct?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Those are the documents that have to be prepared if there is a sale - even if you deal with it yourself.

If a solicitor is acting for you they will also have to

complete identity checks on you;

obtain up to date Office Copy Entries proving your ownership.

Investigate the title

Deal with the Exchange of contracts and hold the deposit

Settle any mortgage

Supply you with a completion statement

Usually the buyer and the seller each pay their own costs