Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Can I set up an internet based company from a rented

Can I set up an internet based company from a rented accommodation? There will be no physical goods everything will be online. I will be using my computer from the residence to work on.
Alternatively, can I set I up at an address owned by my parents and use the computer at the rented address. What are the legal hurdle I need to be aware of.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you Ltd or a sole trader?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure which to set up. The business will be selling digital goods through a website, these good will be resell. Another side of the business or a separate business will be selling my services where I work from home and/or get contracted to work in an office for a set period of time. I had presumed a Ltd company would work best an limit my liabilities as well.

Ok. Its fine, you can use rented accommodation. No different from using a PO Box or Mailboxes etc.
So yes, you can use rented accommodation to set up an internet company.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.