Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a problem and need some help and advice. I need

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a problem and need some help and advice. I need someone who knows about property law and converyancing and who can help me find out the following information.
I, along with my friend purchased property in UK (I live outside UK) from a company (UK) selling plots of land in UK for investment. I have tired unsuccessfully to get the titles and when I received scanned copies of the titles I did not get the property numbers on top of the copies. I wanted to sell the plots now and am finding that they company (UK) is of very dubious character (too late for me) and now I cannot get info on the titles - false or not - and if land exists...
I cannot get any information from land registry unless I am in UK. I have tried real estates agents who tell me they cannot get information unless I have the numbers on the top....cannot find land...and am trying to find out where to go next.
I am wondering if you can help me and I am also wondering if there are other people in the same position as me as this company was selling lots of sites and lots of plots - Cheshire, Winsford, Tarvin..... and what to do next. Could you give me some advice here to move forward....
ie solicitor
government body who this company can be reported to
and any advice on where to go to find out about this land and the validity of the property. ie. If I front up to the regsitry office stated on the paperwork can they find this land that has plot number, and an address on it? but the land has not been put through development channels...I know that. The company said they were waiting for developers to buy it....but nothing has been forthcoming on any information.
There is a company named on the paperwork that was stated to own the land, and when I researched the company it was dissolved prior to buying the land.......
Yes.... I know......not a wise thing to do.
Thank you so much.
Jo-Anne Franks
Expert:  F E Smith replied 2 years ago.

You say that you bought this land. Who dealt? Solicitors? Who dealt with all the financial transactions? Ignoring, for now, the problems you’re currently having, can you let me have the details of the purchase please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your reply. The person who dealt with all this (agent) was Daniel Oliver Sebastian Khan from Khan Consultants in Bridge House, Lower Street, Cavendish, CO 108AQ, United Kingdom. He was working with a solicitor called Neil Simmons (or Neale Simmonds) . The purchase was in September 2013 and the land was registered ..... per the scanned copies without the title numbers at the Birkenhead UK registry office by Daniel Khan (mentioned on the titles) on 12/12/13 and 04/08/2014 in my name Jo-Anne Mary Franks.
kind regards
Jo-Anne Franks