How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2457
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I have just started working for a private property investor

Customer Question

Hi, I have just started working for a private property investor and discovered of of the rental properties has not paid rent in 12 months. I don't know how this went unnoticed for so long but am now looking into what we can do. We have established that the tenants paid rent but had made a mistake in the sort code and the rent has gone to someone else. The bank is not sure whether they can get it back yet. The tenants are obviously reluctant to pay again, for the whole year. What are our options? The arrears are £30 000.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you reported it to the Police at all?