Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

In 1997, did a seller have to disclose any planning

Customer Question

In 1997, did a seller have to disclose any planning applications/decisions on his property, to a prospective buyer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't remember my password ***** your reset emails are not happening. Can't find the page I was on. Just know that I have paid for an answer!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am Sandra Briggs.
My email is: ***@******.***
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

I am afraid that this is not a yes/no answer

There has been a question about planning permission on the standard purchase questionnaires for many decades - although certainly in 1997 it was still common to answer such questions with the phrase "no warranty is given and the purchaser must rely own their own enquiries"

This is particularly relevant with regard to planning issues as a "Local Search" on the property would disclose and existing planning history.

However even in 1997 if a deliberately erroneous answer was given that there was no way of checking then action could be taken against the vendor.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details