Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We’ve moved offices last week (within the same building) and

We’ve moved offices last week (within the same building) and were offered a lease agreement for signing that included electricity. Now, after we’ve moved, the landlord says the agreement needs to be amended to exclude electricity. They say their previous offer/agreement was not legally binding because they hadn’t signed it yet. They also say that there’s no other way than to exclude electricity from the agreement because that’s how this building operates, but we are renting another space opposite the corridor where the electricity is included, so this doesn’t make any sense to me.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, has it been signed by both parties?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Has it been signed by you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry was driving, they emailed us the agreement which indicated inclusive of electricity , i dont know if my boss had signed it, need to find out , therefore we need to know what our options are if we signed it and if they hadnt , then they came back to us and said it is not incuslive and that the agreement is not binding as they had not signed it, based on this information could you please assist as to what our position is on the basis that we have signed , and them not and if non of the parties signed

Ok - unless its been signed by both THEM and YOU then its not binding. It is subject to contract.
This means either party can pull out at any time.
Sadly this means if its not signed by everyone they can re-negotiate terms.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Thanks!