How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6795
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

What injunction or order do I need to stop someone from

Customer Question

What injunction or order do I need to stop someone from obstructing the entrance to my property?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I own land , the access to which is across a car park owned by another who has recently put a padlock and chain on their gate which abuts my land, hence preventing my access. All of my legal land registry documents illustrate my access despite which the other sides solicitors haven't even responded to all of my pre action protocol. I now need to take action via the County Court & need to know what type of injunction I need to apply for in order to either provide me with a key to the padlock or remove it altogether, thus removing the obstruction to my access. Thank you..
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

You need to complete form N1:

And N16a:

Its a mandatory injunction making him remove it.

The court will set the matter down and decide whether to make the Order. If the Court does and they refuse, this could be contempt of Court which they may be warned, fined or sent to prison.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?