How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Ive been in a relation ship over six years living together

Customer Question

Ive been in a relation ship over six years living together ,spent thousands of pounds doing her house up bought her to cars cash now out of the blue she said we are not getting and chucked me out,first car 4000 second car 8000 kichen 8000 bathroom 6000 thats without totaling all other rooms and outside ,just like to no where i stand ledaly
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question - where were you living - whose property?

Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years.

I am afraid that you have no right to return to the property at this stage

So fas as the cars are concerned if they were gifts to her then I am afraid that there is no action you can take to recover them or the money you spent on them.

The money that you spend on simply decorating the property is also lost I am afraid.

However the money that you spent on structural improvements to the property such as the Kitchen and the bathroom may give you a potential claim on her property.

Not a massive claim - but one which reflects the increase in the value of the property which relates to the new Kitchen and bathroom.

This is a matter that you should try and discuss with her using Family Mediation

If that fails then you may be able to apply to the courts using s14 of the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act.

You can read more here

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details