How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 34907
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Thank you for your information. But things have changed, due

Customer Question

Thank you for your information. But things have changed, due to ill health myself, I can no longer keep the property and it is going up for Auction next week.
Can I spend some of my mothers half share on buying another hous
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Plus can I keep any money left over or do I have to spend it on mum's care home?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am sorry but since your mother is a joint owner but no longer lives at the property then her share of the proceeds of sale cannot be used to purchase and alternative property - and it will indeed have to be used on her care home fees

I am sorry to give such bad news - please ask if you need further details