How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2456
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I'm in the process of selling a new build house on land that

Customer Question

Hi. I'm in the process of selling a new build house on land that is registered to me. Do I have to have title deeds for the house and ,if so, how do I go about getting them?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Castleford, W Yorks UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I ask if you are selling the whole plot of land that is registered to you or just part of it - for example you might only be selling part of it if you are selling part of your garden on which you have built a new house, or if you are building more than one house on the land you own?

Expert:  Joshua replied 8 months ago.

Can I continue to assist you with the above?

Expert:  Joshua replied 7 months ago.

If I can help any further with the above, please do come back to me. I'd be pleased to assist if I am able. All the best.