How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7151
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

My sister and I have a house in our name which is in trust

This answer was rated:

My sister and I have a house in our name which is in trust to our parents' solicitors. Our parents are the tenants. We are currently in the process of selling the house. In the Deed of Surrender, there is no mention of my sister and I; our parents are referred to as the tenants and the solicitors as the landlord. The document reads as if my parents will be signing the house over to the solicitors. Is it safe for them to sign it?

If the house is in trust to the solicitors then it should be to the solicitors that your parents surrender the right to occupy that they have under the tenancy.

I hope this assists if there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes


Michael Holly and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you