Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters

My sister and I have a house in our name which is in trust

My sister and I have a house in our name which is in trust to our parents' solicitors. Our parents are the tenants. We are currently in the process of selling the house. In the Deed of Surrender, there is no mention of my sister and I; our parents are referred to as the tenants and the solicitors as the landlord. The document reads as if my parents will be signing the house over to the solicitors. Is it safe for them to sign it?

If the house is in trust to the solicitors then it should be to the solicitors that your parents surrender the right to occupy that they have under the tenancy.

I hope this assists if there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes