Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Sports and social club have sold there ground and club house

Sports and social club have sold there ground and club house to a building firm who is going to build houses on it. The agreement was that we received a new turnkey club house on a bit of land at bottom of site that we will retain ownership off. Surveyor was sent out to survey the land by the builder to ensure all was ok before signing agreement which then agree as survey came back ok. Since doing groundwork after builder started Japanese knotwood was found and builder dealt with this clearing of site at a cost of£70,000-00.
Question is.
Is this negligence on part of Surveyor and should be trying to get compensation of him and not the club.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are they trying to claim it off you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its not your fault. Unless you knew about it and didnt tell them when asked, then its the fault of the surveyor.
That is the whole point of having a surveyor is to identify problem areas!
So no, the claim isnt against you unless you asked and you lied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no text is fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no that is brilliant

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
youve been great and i will certainly reccomend your service

Thanks very much! Please do take a moment to rate before you go.