How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7086
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I invested in a property in Thailand via the recommendation

This answer was rated:

I invested in a property in Thailand via the recommendation of an international investment company based in Manchester. I am now engaged in a legal dispute case with the Thai developers who have disappeared off the face of the earth with my £20k investment. I have a good Thai solicitor dealing with this matter but of cost of course to me
I want to know if I have case to get my £3k back from the UK investment company charge?
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm happy to wait thank you.
Appreciate you letting me know.
Kind regards

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Jamie. Do you think I have a chance of winning this if it goes to County Court?

I think you have a shot, yes.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7086
Experience: Solicitor
Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you