How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 10797
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My neighbors water supply has a meter on a public footpath

This answer was rated:

My neighbors water supply has a meter on a public footpath and then goes right across my property to his (as does his drainage sewer). Who is responsible for his pipework which is on my property before it reaches his boundary? I have insurance cover for my water supply and drainage pipework.


You are responsible for any pipework and sewers on your own property.

Any foul drainage sewer on your neighbours property is classed as a public sewer and thus is the responsibility of Anglian Water, as this length of sewer is shared.

As regards ***** ***** supply pipe on your neighbour's property, this is your joint responsibility.

I hope this assists and if so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer in the top right hand corner of your screen.


Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you